At the current moment, it’s cold and pouring down rain outside. So why the picture of the beautiful, sunny day?
Because that’s how I feel right now. I am sitting at my house all by myself. No wife. No kids. It’s so quiet and peaceful.
I feel so free.
The possibilities are endless. I could:
- Go out to my garage and build something.
- Fire up my Xbox and play Madden 15.
- Write something for one of my blogs.
- Head over to Best Buy and/or Home Depot and walk around the store aimlessly for hours (just because I can).
- Clean or do our taxes. Okay, the possibilities aren’t that endless.
- Do absolutely nothing and be thrilled about it.
Chances are, I’ll end up doing a combination of the things above. I might even think of some new things.
Don’t get me wrong, I cherish time with my wife and kids. But I also cherish the time that I occasionally get to myself to do whatever I want. As a dad, I need some time to re-charge and reflect.
The clock is ticking. I better go enjoy myself. It won’t be too long and the family will be back. Then I’ll be ready to go until next time.
How about you? What would you do on your perfect “me” day?