Next up in our #AwesomeDad series is Joel Anderson. Joel was referred to the series by his wife Amanda. I’ve never met Joel but it sounds like he’s having a blast being a dad.
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. My wife Amanda and I both work at Humana and have been happily married since 1999. In December of 2013 our world changed forever with addition of Piper Kelty Anderson. We had pursued adoption and had accepted the fact that we were going to roll with life as a happy couple. Then Piper made her grand entrance. Since then, we have been on the adventure of a lifetime.
2) How long have you been a father? 1 year, 3 months
3) What’s your all-time favorite video game? Any of the Medal of Honor series
4) Do you still play video games? What games are you playing right now? I have a child, she is our own little Miss Pac Man game.
5) What video game systems do you currently own? Wii and a stone age Playstation, it may have rocks as controllers.
6) What’s your favorite activity to do with your kids? Hide and seek is hilarious with Piper. She really just runs around laughing, no matter if you hide right in front of her.
7) What’s the best part about being a dad? Seeing your child learn something every day as they show signs of being part of both Mum and Dad.
8) What has been the worst part about being a dad? Sewer diapers!
9) What’s your best advice for new dads? Let it be natural, do not over-stress on being the perfect parent. Your child will guide you more than you think.
10) Anything else we should know about you? We have “adventures” everyday, they may be a trip to the grocery or visiting the neighbor. It is all matter of perspective.