This week, we profile Hill Harcourt. I’ve known Hill for almost 10 years. We worked together at an ad agency back in the day when he didn’t have any kids and I only had one. Ah, the memories. Anyway, let’s meet Hill.
1) Tell us a little bit about yourself. I am 39, have two kids (aged seven and four) and own an advertising agency in Louisville, KY
2) How long have you been a father? Seven years.
3) What’s your all-time favorite video game? Why? Super Mario Brothers. No idea why.
4) Do you still play video games? Nope.
5) What video game systems do you currently own? An Atari and class Nintendo. Both still work.
6) What’s your favorite activity to do with your kids? Crafts and ping pong. I love doing anything with them except shop.
7) What’s the best part about being a dad? Knowing that they look up to me. Knowing that they care about what I say and knowing that they want to be with me as much as possible. A scream of “Daddy” as you walk through the door after work accompanied by a waste high hug is the greatest feeling in the world.
8) What has been the worst part about being a dad? Getting too mad at one of the kiddos and realizing it.
9) What’s your best advice for new dads? Pay attention to the kids and think like they do. Have fun and don’t have kids if you plan on ignoring them and acting like a douche.