My wife and I took our kids on Saturday to the see The LEGO Movie. We’ve been looking forward to seeing this movie for a long time and were actually counting down the days until it was released. We would have gone to see it Friday night if not for one son’s basketball game and the other one’s Pinewood Derby race.
I had planned on writing a traditional review but decided not to because I don’t want to spoil anything.
With that in mind, here are 5 reasons why you should see the movie right now (or as soon as humanly possible):
1) It’s about LEGO. I mean, come on, who actually cares about the story? The whole movie is about LEGO! I grew up playing with LEGO and I still play with them every chance I get. This movie took me back to when I was a kid and I loved every minute of it.
2) Batman is one of the main characters. I don’t think I need to say anything else about it.
3) This is one of the kid-friendliest movies I’ve seen in a long time. Your kid(s) will love it. There’s no bad language. No sexual innuendos. It was pretty darn clean all around. I looked over at my three kids at various points in the movie and they all had smiles on their faces. If you asked my wife, I’m sure she’d say the same thing about me.
4) It stars Will Ferrell. I love Will Ferrell and most of his movies. He’s done a few flops in his day but this isn’t one of them.
5) The story line is great (on a lot of different levels). I was really surprised by the writing. It has something for both the kids and the adults. I wish I could say more but I don’t want to ruin it for you. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Get your family and go see this movie as soon as you can. I know my family will be purchasing the DVD as soon as it comes out.
Everything is awesome!